Happy Friday! I spent most of today in a car for a road trip so I can now say that I truly know the meaning of exhausted. Anyways here’s my five favorites of the week! Sorry for the lack of pictures, there really wasn’t anything to capture on my road trip 😛
1. Season 5 of PLL: the fab four + Ali are back in action in Season 5 which just arrived on Netflix! I really don’t have the time to keep up with this show when it actually airs so I love binge watching on Netflix and so far I am loving it. I usually watch a lot of lighter shows, mostly comedy and maybe a little drama because I get scared really easily so while the thought of A sometimes keeps me up I still love this show!!
2. Singing Covers on Youtube: I really love watching these! Basically whenever I hear a song I like I go on to Youtube and look up covers of that song and it’s so amazing to see other peoples’ interpretations of the songs and all the crazy talented people on Youtube! Some people I have been loving are: Kurt Hugo Schneider (does collabs with singers), Madilyn Bailey, and Alex G
3. SLEEP: this is probably always going to be a favorite because I am soo sleep depraved and summer has given me the opportunity to catch up on some much needed snooze time. I find myself going to bed super late binge watching netflix/youtube and waking up just in time for a late lunch 🙂 Its not the best schedule but sometimes you need slow weeks so I took this week to sleep ALL the time
4. being home alone: this week I got a lot of time to myself because I was the only one in my house who could have a lazy week and stay in bed. this let me dance around, eat ice cream out of the cartoon, take selfies shamelessly and document it all on Snapchat haha. even though I would probably get really lonely after awhile of this, for the week it was definitely a favorite
5. this blog: typing away about my favorite things and being able to share that is such a cool idea. I love reading these types of posts on other peoples’ blogs and its so nice that blogging is something anyone can do. this is also a welcome break for when I get tired of netflix (yes it can happen)
hope you enjoyed!! and yes I know this post makes me look like a total loser haha I promise I get out sometimes 🙂
happy thursday!! currently writing this blog post in fleece sweats (even though its 80 degrees outside) and listening to pre 1989 Taylor Swift with some background noise of cartoons. life is good, a little sluggish, but good.
today i wanted to talk about the word that every 20-something, pressured high schooler, and honestly anyone stuck in a low point HATES. this word? CAREER: its basically what you’re going to do with the rest of your life, so in today’s post i wanted to share with you some tips about deciding on a career
In order to decide what you want to do with the rest of your life, I think its important to list out your priorities and passions and choose a job based on BOTH lists not just one. This is important because if I based my future career off of pure passion then i would be homeless and if i based it off of my priorities i would be extremely unhappy so make sure that you know what you want but also how to achieve your desire realistically. In terms of priorities its pretty easy to figure out what you want (job security, high salary, good benefits, flexible schedule) but passion is a little harder especially for people who have no clue about what they’re good at and how they can succeed in the real world so my advice for anyone who doesn’t have a clue about what they’re passionate about is to just start by figuring out what makes you happy. For most people, their passion is helping people and that fits most jobs because almost every job is about serving the community and helping others but you can be passionate about pretty much anything and it can translate to a real life job. For example, if your passion is watching tv maybe you could consider being a screenplay writer, director, or actress. but lets say your priorities are a high salary and job security and usually jobs in entertainment are very unpredictable so maybe you could instead earn an MBA and one day become a business analyst for a major television network. Also remember that your passion can also turn into a hobby if you cant find a job that meets all your expectations. This blog, for example, probably can’t become a career but I’m passionate about it.
deciding on a career can be A LOT of work because its not just about your passion its also about practicality (read: how much $$$) but at the end of the day life is short and you have to do what makes you happy. If you really truly love watching tv and want to become an actress then I say go for it. Its not going to be easy but I’m the kind of hopeless romantic who would rather be poor and doing what I love than rich and stuck in a cubicle so at the end of the day follow your heart and I hope this post cleared some things up for you.
attempting to find the meaning of life every thursday…
getting this post in just in time to end a boring thursday, hope you enjoy!
This is going to be shorter thursday thoughts solely because I wrote this post then decided to delete everything because there’s so much I can say about this topic. So in this post about body image i’m going to be talking about my personal issues with myself, how I deal with them, and how I believe society should approach body image.
The decision to write about this came about when I decided I didn’t want to attend a party because of how I looked. As the hours for the party ticked by I wondered about the fun that everyone was having without me. I then realized that this was not an isolated incident. My view on the way I look has prevented me from going out several times and it has also lowered my self confidence and ability to stand up for myself. There is such a strong link between how you view yourself and how you get treated by others. I treat myself as the lowest of the low because I believe that I deserve that because of how I look and my level of success. Its normal to be a little hard on yourself and I totally understand that you are your worst critic but the minute you tell yourself that you’re not good enough you give other people a chance to think so as well. For a long time, I’ve let people walk over me and take advantage of me because I’ve felt like that’s all im good for and I try to see the best in people and offer my help. But the people that I offer my help are often the ones who make me feel the worst about myself. Sometimes I make excuses for these people after they hurt me. I’ll say things like oh they probably didnt mean it or oh its my fault. but its not my fault. it never is. And so when I cry myself to sleep after getting hurt over and over again, I wonder what is it that these people have that makes them better then me. For a long time, I thought it was beauty. I felt like my body and the way I looked wasn’t good enough so therefore i’m not good enough to be treated as human. but now I realize that in reality its confidence. You are beautiful and you have to believe that in order for others to believe it too. I just wish society would recognize the beauty in everyone and stop judging looks and body types. It would make life so much easier. but more on that in a later post. If you are struggling with body image issues just remember that you are beautiful and by believing that you have the power to be invincible against other people’s words. Stand up for yourself and believe in your beauty. I love you 🙂
So for the past week or so, I’ve been really thinking about the direction of this blog and what it means to me. It feels like I only get inspiration to write when I’m feeling really depressed because I need to let all my sadness out but this needs to be a place where I learn and find a happy place. There’s so much I want to write that’s been pent up inside of me for a long time. I would make a diary but there’s something satisfying about other people reading about my life. It makes the world seem a little less cold and a little more connected. Anyways, the reason I started this blog is because im lonely. It scares me because life is short and it feels like I don’t have anyone to share it with. I’m very grateful to have a caring family but I also want a group. I want a group of people that I found entirely on my own who love me for who I am not because they were forced to know me as family but because they made the choice to be my friend. I have a group of people I call “friends” but they all seem to put themselves first and I don’t feel like myself when I’m with them. I feel gossipy and judgmental and it sucks that we can’t have late night conversations about issues in the world but instead have to concern ourselves about who’s dating who. anyways, I know other people have wayyy more serious issues but it sucks to go through life like this. I don’t want to go through the motions anymore and I’m trying to find happiness within myself and document the journey. If you’d like to tag along for the serious posts and also the fun ones (thursday thoughts and friday faves are for sure happening this week!) then you can click the follow button!
P.S. I just realized I used the word depressed in this post. I do not have depression and I know that it can be considered wrong to throw around the word depressed when depression is a very real medical disorder; but, in my opinion, I think one can feel depressed without having depression. I have gone through prolonged periods of sadness and although it has not escalated to anything serious I still feel very low and vulnerable during these times. I just wanted to acknowledge this because I wanted everyone to know that I respect the severity of depression and understand that it is a real disorder.
Hi blogosphere! I haven’t seen you in a while because I needed some time to refocus. I know that sounds stupid because I only have 9 followers and 0 page views but every blog has a person behind it no matter the amount of followers. And this person just needed a reality check. Life has gotten hard. I know people have it worse and my petty struggles are nothing compared to the tragedy that occurs in our world today but I feel stuck. There are so many thoughts swirling around in my head because I have so much to say about so many things but its really hard to feel motivated when it feels like no one cares about your voice. I realized that when I started this blog I made time for it because I wanted to type out my thoughts as an outlet and a way to create a happy place but it evolved into another way to point out my insecurities. Whenever I don’t receive a page view I feel irrelevant because I thought I could my blog would inspire people and become huge overnight. But then I remind myself that that’s not why I started this.Then I remind myself that there are thousands of blogs that don’t get seen by anyone but the writer. and that’s okay. that’s actually perfect. Blogging comes from a place of happiness for me and if I can continue to make time to write because it pulls me away from my insecurities and loneliness that I think I’m gonna be okay. So, instead of being a thursday thoughts, this was kind of a checkpoint as I refocus myself and shift gears but expect a friday faves tomorrow and maybe a random thoughts or style post on saturday!
Hello!! It’s Fridayyy so it’s time for some more favorites!!
The latest and greatest in my little corner of the world…
1. Lush Bath Bombs: This is sooo soothing and pretty to look at! It leaves my skin super moisturized and smells amazing. This one is called Sex Bomb and leaves little rose petals in your bath tub. I also recently purchased the Big Blue bath bomb which I really love as well.
2. Apple Tree in my Backyard: Little apples growing in my backyard 🙂
3. 25 Famous Women on Female Friendship: I saw this article on Yahoo! and was so surprised at how many quotes I related to. Some made me feel upset while others gave me hope, but all of them made me think long and hard about friendship and it was just really nice to read so I think you should too!
4. Elisa Pendant Neclace from Kendra Scott: I got this necklace as a late birthday present from a friend and I absolutely love it. It goes with every outfit and is the perfect delicate necklace. The colors are Gold/Iridescent Druzy.
5. Love You More Pencil/Makeup Bag from Paper Source: Picked this up because I wanted a cute bag that could fit all of my essentials. I love the design and the gold detailing on the zipper 🙂
Hope you enjoyed these favorites+pictures!
DISCLAIMER: ALL PICTURES ARE MINE
Attempting to find the meaning of life every Thursday…
Ahh makeup. I call makeup a guilty pleasure because I’m such a strong believer in accepting yourself but it feels like makeup contradicts all of that. I’m basically lying to people and myself. Now I know that makeup is a form of self-expression and is relatively harmless but in reality most girls use makeup not to play up their natural beauty but to create beauty from tinted chemicals in pretty packages. In my opinion, the notion that girls use makeup to enhance natural beauty and play with different looks is completely untrue. On the other hand, I know that there are some people who have truly accepted themselves and use makeup as a statement rather than a disguise. I admire these kinds of people because I know I would much rather have a fully done makeup look than going out bare faced. The reality is that I should be fine with both and makeup should be used as an art form NOT as a standard of beauty. Why is that a bride wears makeup on her wedding day? Shouldn’t the day her and her spouse are united be the day when she is truly herself and not wearing makeup? Since when did special occasions translate into girls wearing makeup? Why is a woman taken more seriously in meetings when her face is “put on”?
I LOVE makeup because it’s so fun for me to try out different products, put it on, and see the results. I love the way my face looks with makeup and I love talking to people about makeup but sometimes I feel like I’m a hypocrite for talking about accepting yourself when using makeup is changing yourself to be “prettier”. Anyways since I have a couple papers to write, I’ve decided to expand on this topic later and leave you with this short rant.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Why don’t guys wear makeup? so frustrating!!